How to reduce chlorides level for irrigation in a cost effective manner

Users who are viewing this thread

Fishing

Reaction score
Hi

I have two shallow wells each producing approximately 1000 gallons per day . I want to use water for irrigation of garden not my house.

The water test shows everything is ok apart from high chlorides 429ppm (1200 LBS/AF), and high TDS 2020mg/L. I would like to reduce the TDS and chlorides levels as cost effectively as possible. Reverse osmosis is the method commonly used but relatively expensive and wasteful of water. I do not need 99.9% pure water for irrigation either.

I would like to be able to process 1000gpd. But even a smaller quantity would be good.

Any suggestions. I hope that I have posted in the correct forum but I thought this is a /hydroponics/gardening issues.

Thanks in advance

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks