Users who are viewing this thread

wv2022

Reaction score
We purchased a mobile home on a small lot from an older gentleman who resells property he buys from courthouse tax auctions. The mobile home has been empty about 4 years and we are trying to check what needs done to get water into the home. There was no hot water tank or pressure tank connected to pipes. Someone had removed the panel off the front of the trailer and took the hot water tank. They also had removed a section of underpinning and removed the pressure tank, and the wiring from the well is now connected to the wiring into the breaker box. The gentleman we bought the place from said he connected the pump wiring to the breaker to use temporarily for cleaning and spraying the driveway off. He said he would flip breaker on while using the water and flip breaker back off when he was done. We flipped it on and there was water, we used it for about 15 minutes and flipped it back off. When we returned to do some repairs and flipped breaker on to fill up some buckets to clean with, but then there was no water and the breaker did not trip. I don't know if the pump burnt up that quickly just using it a handful of times and those times it was on no longer than 10 to 20 minutes. It is a two wire submersible pump in a 180 ft well. I know we need to install pressure tank, switch,etc, but I wanted to see if the pump needed replaced or if its wiring, or clogged up area (hard water area), or leak in pipes in the ground. Is there anyway to diagnose the well pump with it being connected like this? Without connecting to a pressure tank or pulling the pump? I would like to know, or should I say hoping it won't be another costly issue just to diagnose the problem.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Pump will either have two or three wires white , black or red white black and going to gray starter box . Pump service company can diagnosis and take care of the proper piping and well tank.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Pump will either have two or three wires white , black or red white black and going to gray starter box .
OP said it is a 2 wire so no control box. A clamp ammeter would tell if the pump is drawing amps. No amps could be an open circuit or no power. More amps means it is likely moving water while less amps means it may be dead-heading.

Reach4

Reaction score
With the breaker off, you could check the resistance between the power wires. Something under 10 ohms is expected.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks