How I drove in my well point

Users who are viewing this thread

indytrail2001

Reaction score
Just in case this may help someone else with simular circumstances, I would like to share how I drove in my new well point. My well is located in my dirt floor cellar which has a 7 foot ceiling. I'm not as young as I used to be so I had no desire to drive it down with a sledge. I could not get any other equipment down there to do the job so...

I purchased a 99E-X Post driver from Rohrer Manufacturing. It is capable of driving down a 2 1/4" Max diameter post. It runs off any small air compressor that delivers at least 3 cubic feet of air at 70-90 PSI. It delivers 70 to 75 strokes a minute. http://store.rohrermfg.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=99E-X DRIVER This thing worked great...

I dug the first 4 foot with post hole diggers, attached a 5 foot section of 1 1/4" pipe to my 3 foot point, with a stainless steel coupling, then using a 38" piece of pipe which fit inside the Post driver, I attached the post driver to the top with another Stainless steel coupling.

In rocky new england soil, this drove down my well point to 23 foot in less than 2 hours.

I called the manufactor and talked to their engineering department. It seems that they had used these to install sand points on numerous occasions. They were great. They made the correct sized adapter for the pipe and told me exactly what I would need. I highly recommend this company.

I am selling mine to a local rental agency at a reduced cost. I don't care, it drove in my well when no one else around would do so. At a significant savings to having a deep well put in.

revid

Reaction score
hey guy did you put a hose inside your 11/4 pipe or hook directly to it?Iam trying to get one going without any luck.canty find a well point bigger than 11/4 to put a 1 inch hose down with a foot valve attached.any companies you know selling wellpoints bigger than 11/4?thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks