How do I know if my house has closed plumbing system so I need expansion tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Curiousv

Reaction score
I found if its closed system than only I need expansion tank.
But how do I know if I have closed system?
At the main in the front where digital meter is ..I have shut off valve ( where I have to use big metal T )
what else I need to check ?
at that main where meter is ..accept meter I don't see anything else

Reach4

Reaction score
Mount a pressure gauge. A garden hose pressure gauge can fit on a laundry tap or the water heater drain

Take a shower. Stop using all water. If the pressure rises high while the water heater is heating, you have a closed system.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Where I live, they require one. Their reasoning is that even if it isn't a closed system today, the federal guidelines call for all utilities to work towards making them a closed system to help protect the system from potential contamination.

But, need one, today, only if it's a closed system.

Curiousv

Reaction score
Your water department would know if you have a water meter with a check valve.
FYI - I checked it says Sensus brand iPERL series digital water meter - it shows an arrow of water flow towards the home (obviously)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks