High pitched ringing under kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Daclan

Reaction score
My home was built in about 2008.

I've been in my home for about 13 years, and I've just now heard a high pitched, steady ringing under my kitchen sink. When I close the drawers under the sink, the noise level goes down a bit, so I know it's in the under-sink area.

It's quite high pitched, so the dog won't come into the house anymore.

I have one electrical item plugged in under the sink, the waste disposal unit. I've unplugged that and the noise remains.
I have one electrical item plugged in near the sink, the dishwasher. I've flipped the switch and that's powered off; the noise remains.
No water flow is happening throughout the house.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong?

Daclan

Reaction score
Found it!
Years ago I bought an Xtreme Mat and they include a water sensor. I'm sure I tossed it under the sink and never thought about it again (clearly not...) but that was the culprit!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks