Help With Softener Settings Fleck 2510SXT

Users who are viewing this thread

Tyfattori

Reaction score
Hey guys hoping to get some help here l got a Fleck 2510SXT on a 12x52 tank 64K grain with ResinTech CG8 F.

Before softener I got an Enpress with a 20/5 micron filter then I got the softener and after the softener I have a 20” Pentek with a carbon filter.

I did an at home water test and my result are as follows..

pH 6.5
Total Alkalinity 500ppm
Total chlorine 0ppm
Total hardness 1000ppm
Nitrate 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Copper .05ppm
Iron 3ppm
Mercury .002ppm
Silver 0ppm
Hexavalent Chromium .1ppm
Zinc 1ppm
Sulfate 100ppm
Total Dissolved Solids >750ppm
No Lead
No Bacteria/Coliform

Reach4

Reaction score
1000 ppm hardness? Seems like it is rounded off or guessed. That is a high number. I would get a lab test, particularly for hardness and iron. I don't know if https://ohioline.osu.edu/factsheet/AEX-315 has any good ideas.
This programming below has the reserve calculated off of experience. The gallons per day estimate does not affect programming but is used in the predicted time between regenerations.

If you want, I could show a version where the programming names a gallons of reserve rather than the valve controller experience.
I would consider adding some Iron Out layered in with my salt. Menards. The big container.
---------------------------------------------------------

System info (not programmed)
salt lb/cuft : 7.5 ; A choice ( efficiency vs capacity)
BLFC : 0.25 ; Brine Refill rate GPM
cubic ft resin : 2 ; Same as (nominal grains/32,000)
Raw hardness : 73.4795321637427 ; including iron etc
Estimated gal/day ; 120 ; 60 gal per person prediction (auto-tunes)
Est days/regen ; 3.88 ; presuming days each use estimated

Fleck 5810SXT Settings:
DF = Gal ; Units
VT = 5810 ; Valve type
RF = dF2b ; Downflow, Double Backwash
CT = Fd ; Meter Delayed regen trigger
C = 46.1 ; capacity in 1000 grains
H = 99 ; Hardness grains after comp factor
RS = cr ; Cr = base reserve on recent experience
DO = 30 ; Day Override (typ 30 if no iron/Mn)
RT = 2:00 ; Regen time (default 2 AM)
B1 = 5 ; Backwash 1 (minutes) [3...10]
Bd = 60 ; Brine draw minutes
B2 = 4 ; Backwash 2 (minutes)[3...10]
RR = 6 ; Rapid Rinse minutes
BF = 20 ; Brine fill minutes
FM = t1.2 (usual) ; t1.2 is default flow meter
RE = OFF ; Relay
VR = OFF ; ?

Last edited:

Tyfattori

Reaction score
1000 ppm hardness? Seems like it is rounded off or guessed. That is a high number. I would get a lab test, particularly for hardness and iron. I don't know if https://ohioline.osu.edu/factsheet/AEX-315 has any good ideas.
This programming below has the reserve calculated off of experience. The gallons per day estimate does not affect programming but is used in the predicted time between regenerations.

If you want, I could show a version where the programming names a gallons of reserve rather than the valve controller experience.
I would consider adding some Iron Out layered in with my salt. Menards. The big container.
---------------------------------------------------------

System info (not programmed)
salt lb/cuft : 7.5 ; A choice ( efficiency vs capacity)
BLFC : 0.25 ; Brine Refill rate GPM
cubic ft resin : 2 ; Same as (nominal grains/32,000)
Raw hardness : 73.4795321637427 ; including iron etc
Estimated gal/day ; 120 ; 60 gal per person prediction (auto-tunes)
Est days/regen ; 3.88 ; presuming days each use estimated

Fleck 5810SXT Settings:
DF = Gal ; Units
VT = 5810 ; Valve type
RF = dF2b ; Downflow, Double Backwash
CT = Fd ; Meter Delayed regen trigger
C = 46.1 ; capacity in 1000 grains
H = 99 ; Hardness grains after comp factor
RS = cr ; Cr = base reserve on recent experience
DO = 30 ; Day Override (typ 30 if no iron/Mn)
RT = 2:00 ; Regen time (default 2 AM)
B1 = 5 ; Backwash 1 (minutes) [3...10]
Bd = 60 ; Brine draw minutes
B2 = 4 ; Backwash 2 (minutes)[3...10]
RR = 6 ; Rapid Rinse minutes
BF = 20 ; Brine fill minutes
FM = t1.2 (usual) ; t1.2 is default flow meter
RE = OFF ; Relay
VR = OFF ; ?

I actually had 2 companies out to test my water they said it was very hard and that I had lots of iron I didn’t get the figures from them (stupid me) but both salesman said I didn’t need a separate iron filtration system that a pre softener filter and a post with carbon filter would take care of it no problem along with running iron out salt. The test I did was an at home Safe Home Well Water Test Kit.

The color was in between two colors 425ppm and 1000ppm but leaned more towards be darker 1000ppm.

I went with getting a whole system from Aqua Science because for the price they wanted to charge me I could get a much higher quality system for cheaper if I installed myself. If you don’t mind I wouldn’t mind also seeing the other version that way when I go to set this up and program it I can be ready with both versions you suggested.

Also thank you for your help if you have any other questions let me know I will answer anything I can. If you still think I should have a lab test the water then I can do that also. Both salesman from the big name softener companies said the water wasn’t horrible just very hard and a lot of iron but not horrible horrible.

Reach4

Reaction score
To measure hardness on your own, get a Hach 5-B test. Make a mix of your raw water and distilled water. Initially test a 1:2 ratio,

Test the mix with the Hach 5-B. Count the drops until the test turns blue. Multiply the number of drops by 3, and that is your hardness in grains.

As you drop, at some point the new liquid will show blue, but as it mixes, turn pink. At this point, slow your rate of drops; you are getting close.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks