Help with ice maker water line connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Zodiax

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for some help getting the ice maker water line connected without leaks. The problem is that it's leaking. I have marked a red circle from the area that it leaks. I even purchased a compression fitting to try it with an extension hose and it leaks from the same place - at the blue line connector. What am I doing wrong? Everything is 1/4".

IMG_8837.jpg
IMG_8836.jpg
IMG_8835.jpg
IMG_8833.jpg
IMG_8832.jpg
IMG_8831.jpg
IMG_8830.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8834.jpg
    IMG_8834.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 86

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
You need a different compression kit. Need a sleeve that goes inside the tube and the ferrel ring needs to be plastic and tapered. when installed you really need to tighten it up so the parts get compressed. Nothing wrong with the valve itself.

Neil Binda

In the Trades
Reaction score
Please do not apply t tape on a compression fitting either . When you tighten the ferrule to the nut it will make the seal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks