Help getting tub drain out

Users who are viewing this thread

TurboMan

Reaction score
Changing out bath fixtures and having trouble getting the drain out. I have the drain tool but it will not fit. Is there a different tool that is needed. Using needle nose pliers has been unsuccessful so far.

Attachments

• drain.jpg
    drain.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 50

royalflush001

Reaction score
Changing out bath fixtures and having trouble getting the drain out. I have the drain tool but it will not fit. Is there a different tool that is needed. Using needle nose pliers has been unsuccessful so far.
If you're having trouble removing the drain from your bath fixtures and the drain tool or needle nose pliers aren't working, there are a few alternative tools you can try:
1. Drain Removal Wrench
2. Drain Extractor
3. Internal Pipe Wrench
4. Plumbing Snake
If none of these tools work or if you're unsure about using them, it's advisable to consult a professional plumber.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Tub drains can be very tough. There are some drain extractors sold at lowes and Menards that are different than the normal dumbell. Usually the dumbell world for installation but rarely for extraction. I have used expandable extractors and extractors that look like a normal bolt extractor. I've also peeled the tol of the flange upward and just used channel locks to grip it. You might have to try a few things.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks