Help choosing a pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Ed95Pont

Reaction score
I am a long time lurker that could use help choosing a well pump. I just closed on a new retirement house under construction that I will be finishing. The well is dug with no pump.
The home is 1700 sqft 2 total bathrooms 3 bedroom 1 bathroom on second floor. No plan for sprinkler. May add a garage with bathroom

Cycle stop valve will be used

The well is 150' deep Static at 40' GPM estimated 4 gpm bailing method ?? (Did they even measure GPM ?) See attached driller report.

If the well ends up low yield I think the pump should be set as deep as practical

20 feet head 100 foot to house softener (if needed) ect.
140 feet head for 60 psi
140 feet head for pump depth worst case

Which pump would you go with
SE 10sq07-200 Should be fine but may not pump if the well is low
Se 10sq07-240 Should be fine but may over pump if the well is low

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Driller Report Summary.pdf
    524.5 KB · Views: 66
  • grundfos-10sq-curves_6.gif
    grundfos-10sq-curves_6.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Pump Curve Chart.pdf
    186.2 KB · Views: 61

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I would use the 240. It will give you up to 10 GPM when needed and the CSV will make it work down to 1 GPM when lower flows are being used. It will only have 138 PSI back pressure on any pipe before the CSV, and will work great with a 50/70 switch and a 60 PSI CSV.

Ed95Pont

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. My wife ordered the cycle stop valve kit and had great things to say about the customer service.

2 more question
1) Set pump at 140' ?
2) Any input on the drill report and GPM. Seems like a lot of data missing

Thanks
Ed

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Set at 120' should be fine. I would probably not set any deeper than 140'.

Pretty good drill log. Casing ID is 6" and 20' long. Open hole to 150', which we call a rock well. I would use a flow inducer or shroud on the pump. Then you can set it as deep as 140' if you want.

Thanks for the kind words. We like our jobs. People tell us how happy they are with their Cycle Stop Valve, and even send us nice reviews and pictures. It is a fun thing to sell as we just don't have unhappy customers. :)

shroud 3 pics sized.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks