HansGrohe PuraVida tub shower valve, 15771XX1

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
HansGrohe PuraVida tub shower valve, 15771xx1 with the PuraVida rain shower, 27390xx1
What I'm installing is a thermostatic valve that switches between the rain shower and the tub spout there. Two positions.

puravida-15771001-install-05.jpg

PuraVida 27437xx1 Control Valve
PuraVida 15412401 Tub Spout
PuraVida 27390 Rain Shower

i-box-install-terrylove-01.jpg

It starts with their standard i-Box rough.

puravida-15771001-install-01.jpg

The green box gets trimmed out an the thermostatic valve is installed with the wall trim plate, secured with plastic screws that get shortened to fit your rough.

puravida-15771001-install-02.jpg

puravida-15771001-install-03.jpg

puravida-15771001-install-04.jpg

The tub spout goes on with the adapter below which threads in with an Allen wrench.

puravida-15771001-install-06.jpg

puravida-1577xx1-parts-01.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
puravida-27390-04.jpg

This is a large rain shower head.

puravida-27390-01.jpg

It starts with their special threaded adapter in the ceiling.

puravida-27390-02.jpg

The collar gets threaded into the wood backing.

puravida-27390-03.jpg

The shower arm goes in.

puravida-27390-05.jpg

And ready for action.
PuraVida 27390xx1

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Okay, lets add these pictures too. I printed out the instructions at home, as the paper that comes with these valves are too small for someone of my age.

27390xx1-install-01.jpg

27390xx1-install-02.jpg

27390xx1-install-03.jpg

27390xx1-install-04.jpg

27390xx1-install-05.jpg

27390xx1-install-06.jpg

And you want to make sure that the Allen is tightened up. You don't want that big heavy shower head falling off.

hansgrohe-puravida-ms604.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
On to the next bathroom for this customer.
The floor in the next bathroom was out of level, going down hill toward the end of the tub. I had 2x4's on the back wall that were on a level, and then dropped the tub down and shimmed the apron. To keep the shims in place, I drilled and screwed them to the floor. I then lifted the tub out, and added more screws to the shims that would remain under the tub, keeping them in place.
I marked with a felt pen where the two bottom support ridges were, we mixed the mortar and set the piles down on those lines.
Dropped the back down on the support and shims and let the mortar conform to the support "beams".

beronja-tub-03.jpg

The drain was difficult for me. See the overflow with the blue tape? They supplied a 1" PVC soft flex that went from there with a street 90 to the tub drain on the right side. That needed a 1.5" x 1" bush there. How fun running to the hardware store to pick those fittings up. And the suggested ABS to PVC glue for the overflow connection. Not something I would carry.

beronja-tub-02.jpg

This part needed installing before the tub was dropped. The back part in the distance is the street 90 to the overflow.

beronja-tub-01.jpg

Here the 1" flex curves around the side of the tub into the PVC supplied drain.
I have the shielded coupling as my transition to ABS. To connect this, I was standing on the rafters of the ceiling above the garage. Intense heat and straddling heating ducts, reaching down as far as I could and was barely able to reach this with my overly long arms. That's why I look like a monkey. Great for playing basketball. When I was younger I could jump up and hang on the basketball rim.
And touching my toes? Heck, I would flat out palm the floor and flex my elbows outward.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks