Grohe Thermostatic Valve Leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Ryan87500

Reaction score
I believe I have a Grohe 34.122 (see picture) and it has started leaking. I have no issues with hot or cold water etc just a leak on the valve. I assume I just need an O-Ring kit or do I need an entire valve?

If so where do I get a kit? Any special tools to remove this valve?

I also can't figure out how to get the remaining pieces off?

Sorry for all the questions.

IMG_0559.jpg

Ryan87500

Reaction score
I believe I have a Grohe 34.122 (see picture) and it has started leaking. I have no issues with hot or cold water etc just a leak on the valve. I assume I just need an O-Ring kit or do I need an entire valve?

If so where do I get a kit? Any special tools to remove this valve?

I also can't figure out how to get the remaining pieces off?

Sorry for all the questions.

View attachment 80903
I was able to get all the parts off and now left with this. The cartridge looks like a 47310 cartridge.

Do you think I just need washers if it is only leaking? Are those shutoffs on either side? looks like a large allen wrench and inside I see what looks like a threaded opening.
IMG_0562.jpg

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Metric allen wrench for the multi-turn shut-offs. No washers, just replacement cartridge is available.
You'll need a thermometer to reset the temp adjustment.

Ryan87500

Reaction score
Metric allen wrench for the multi-turn shut-offs. No washers, just replacement cartridge is available.
You'll need a thermometer to reset the temp adjustment.
When you say no washers I was thinking it could be the o-rings on the cartridge that I see I can order. Or are you saying it is an internal component and that isn’t repairable?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks