Greensand filter with Fleck 2510SXT leaks at BLFC, is this to be expected?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rainking430

Reaction score
See pictures, is it normal to see some leaking like this from such a system? Things I have tried:

- Replacing with a brand new tube, BLFC and nut
- Tightening it down but did it too much (inexperience, BLFC threads cracked)
- Replaced BLFC a second time and then hand tightened
- Reseated tube and BLFC connection and hand tightened a little more

Not sure what else to do. Maybe somehow using a little teflon tape?

Thank you.

Attachments

• PXL_20221214_172029781.jpg
    PXL_20221214_172029781.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20221214_172019133.jpg
    PXL_20221214_172019133.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 82

Bannerman

Reaction score
A leak should not be occurring. Any amount of leakage will allow air to enter during the draw cycle which may prevent brine from being drawn from the brine tank.

Perhaps the tube or compression ring has a slight defect that you haven't noticed.

Your photo appears to show the tube connected at a slight angle and not inserted fully into the fitting???

While the upper compression nut appears to be new, the nut that is circled does not appear to be new.

Last edited:

Rainking430

Reaction score
Ok, good to know, thanks Bannerman. It seems to be drawing ok, but I can't really work on it for another few weeks. When I do I will try to reset everything again, and possibly replace some parts again too. One thing, at either end of the tube is a brass insert (like this https://www.softenerparts.com/fp10332.htm). I wonder if the one that is on the BLFC end may be contributing to this. Is that brass insert really needed?

EDIT: Never mind, I found a parts diagram and sure enough it includes the brass inserts.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks