Greenhouse misters

Users who are viewing this thread

Henry Pratt

Reaction score
I built an 8' x 10' green house. I live in Las Vegas where in does get into the 20's during the winter and 115 in the summer. The humidity here varies but is on the low side. I am attempting to keep the temperature between 65 degrees and 85 degrees and am also attempting to raise the humidity. For heat I bought a Palma Bio Green heater. For cooling there is a window, two roof vents (both the window and the roof vents have mechanical automatic openers), a 7" exhaust fan and a Hessaire portable swamp cooler. I also have two Cobra water misters with 3 misters each. I put in a Rainbird sprinkler valve and an Orbit B-hive controller. To monitor the temperature and humidity I installed a Weather Stations wireless indoor/outdoor hygrometer thermometer.

The Orbit controller is dedicated to my Cobra misters. Since I have 6 zones on the Orbit controller each with 4 programs I hope to be able to wire the single valve to all 6 zones giving me 24 different times to have the misters working (each day). Trying to increase the humidity without flooding my wife's plants.

If I put jumpers to connect the zones would that be the same as connecting all 6 wires at the valve? Is my Orbit controller going to detect a short and shut down?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Usually not problem since the outputs are all 24vac. You might want to try it using just two zones to be sure thing don't burn out. . Each brands are better than the others. Hunter I've found to have more failures, Rainbird rarely. I had an Orbit brand on my last home and it was good.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
I built an 8' x 10' green house. I live in Las Vegas where in does get into the 20's during the winter and 115 in the summer. The humidity here varies but is on the low side. I am attempting to keep the temperature between 65 degrees and 85 degrees and am also attempting to raise the humidity. For heat I bought a Palma Bio Green heater. For cooling there is a window, two roof vents (both the window and the roof vents have mechanical automatic openers), a 7" exhaust fan and a Hessaire portable swamp cooler. I also have two Cobra water misters with 3 misters each. I put in a Rainbird sprinkler valve and an Orbit B-hive controller. To monitor the temperature and humidity I installed a Weather Stations wireless indoor/outdoor hygrometer thermometer.

The Orbit controller is dedicated to my Cobra misters. Since I have 6 zones on the Orbit controller each with 4 programs I hope to be able to wire the single valve to all 6 zones giving me 24 different times to have the misters working (each day). Trying to increase the humidity without flooding my wife's plants.

If I put jumpers to connect the zones would that be the same as connecting all 6 wires at the valve? Is my Orbit controller going to detect a short and shut down?
Second though, your controller should have a MV (master valve) port. Each time a zone is programmed to run, the MV will have 24v ac to operate a valve. Wire the one solenoid to the MV.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks