Flushing new water lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Tameria11

Reaction score
Hi
I am renovating our main floor bathroom and have had a plumber do a lot of the key work. I read somewhere on this forum I think that after a lot of soddering and new pipe connections you should flush the lines. I can't remember the best way to do this.
Thanks for your help
Dave

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
remove the strainers on the valves, run the water, then reinstall once the water runs clear without crud. That's a guess?!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
As noted, just remove the screens/filters and run the water through the lines. What you are after is any crud that you might have in the lines due to either debis in the pipes prior to assembly or the anything that might have gotten in during the assembly. Pipes shouldn't have any foreign material in them, but we don't live in a perfect world. Even a small amount of debris can clog screens.

Tameria11

Reaction score
flushing lines, diverter 3 port?? Help

Hello again
Thanks for your help.
I have been delayed in my project do to the need and no supply of a 3 port diverter that is long enough to go through 1/2 cement backerboard and 3/8 tile with thinset. I heard, I think on this forum that flushing the toilets while running all the taps open is a good way to flush lines. Does that make sense.

Also, does anyone know who makes a 3 port diverter besides Grohe ( Wow their expensive). I am remodeling this bath for my first and only bride. I am putting in a handheld, rain shower, whirlpool tub with custom tile work
Hope to have some input :)
Thanks Dave
ps: Terry, I bought a TOTO Supreme elongated.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks