Fleck 5600sxt Power Head

Users who are viewing this thread

Xonid

Reaction score
Hi All - I have a Fleck 5600sxt 48K grain water softener that was installed 10 years ago. The display on the power head is blank. I tried to reset it a few times with the "hold cycle button and plug it in method", but no changes.

Question - Does anyone know if I can I just replace the power head or do I need to get a whole new power head and valve assembly? Or if there is a another advice I might try to bring this it back to life.

Thank you.

Dino

Reach4

Reaction score
Is power getting to the board? If not, your power supply or a wire to the board may be bad.
Otherwise, a new front panel assembly, which includes the board, might fix it. Fleck 61673 or 61672 it looks like to me. I have no experience swapping one of those out.

Let's hope it is the power supply.

Xonid

Reaction score
there is power going into the power head since the display does light up. although, you have a good point, maybe the wall wart is not working at it's normal output. i'll test it out later.
I'll look into those part #s as well.

thanks

Xonid

Reaction score
Going on the suggestion from Reach. Thanks Reach. I tested the power supply on DC, I thought it was dead.. then realized it was AC and it tested normal. Figured the electronics must've blown from the last snow storm power failures. I removed the circuit board to verify the P/N. examining the back side of the board, I notice an ant.. that's right.. a dead ANT across two pin on the board. I remember a while back my HVAC unit had a shorted because of ants. After cleaning it off, reconnected everything and wouldn't you know it.. works like a charm.

Hoping this helps someone in the future. Thanks again to Reach for suggesting the circuit board swap, otherwise I would have never removed it and found that ANT.

Peace - Dino

Reach4

Reaction score
Troubleshooting bugs in electronics. Nice.

Lavinapais

Reaction score
Going on the suggestion from Reach. Thanks Reach. I tested the power supply on DC, I thought it was dead.. then realized it was AC and it tested normal. Figured the electronics must've blown from the last snow storm power failures. I removed the circuit board to verify the P/N. examining the back side of the board, I notice an ant.. that's right.. a dead ANT across two pin on the board. I remember a while back my HVAC unit had a shorted because of ants. After cleaning it off, reconnected everything and wouldn't you know it.. works like a charm.

Hoping this helps someone in the future. Thanks again to Reach for suggesting the circuit board swap, otherwise I would have never removed it and found that ANT.

Peace - Dino
Hello Dino, I am having the same problem with my unit- the display on the power head is blank. Tried resetting it a few times with the "hold cycle button and plug it in method", but no changes..

Can you please share the details /steps of what needs to be done?
Thanks so much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks