Fleck 5600 SXT not suctioning brine.

Users who are viewing this thread

sully5981

Reaction score
The highest flow to drain, is only during the Backwash and Rapid Rinse (sometimes called Rinse) stage of regeneration. For a 9" diameter tank, this will be typically 2.0 GPM, 2.4 GPM for 10" & 3.5 GPM for 12".

During Brine Draw (BD & Slow Rinse are combined as 1), the flow rate to drain will be low, often less than 1 GPM depending on which specific injector is installed.

If the flow rate to drain is high during Brine Draw, that can be another indicator of a worn or damaged seal.
yea something is definitely up with the seals/spacers as the rapid rinse has slow drain flow. It is almost like brine draw and rapid rinse needs to swap places or is leaking in the wrong spot.

sully5981

Reaction score
just to follow up... I replaced all the seals, spacers, and plunger and now everything seems to be working as intended. Thank you for the help.

Reach4

Reaction score
just to follow up... I replaced all the seals, spacers, and plunger and now everything seems to be working as intended. Thank you for the help.
Does a visual inspection of the parts show up any flaw?

Bannerman

Reaction score
The piston and seals control water flow within the valve. Seals wear over time so although there may be nothing obviously wrong, there maybe sufficient wear that is resulting in leakage between the seals and piston, allowing water to enter where it shouldn't be entering during the various stages of regeneration.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks