Fleck 5600 Softener to 5600 AIO

Users who are viewing this thread

Vanste777

Reaction score
I have a 3 year old Fleck 5600 64000 grain (12x52) softener that I want to convert to a AIO. I've purchased gravel and 2 cubic feet of Katalox Light. I've also purchased the green and black "backwash only" piston, but I don't know if that's the correct thing to do. From what I read, I need the "blue" injector and throat set since it is a 12" tank as well as a 7.0 GPM DLFC button (please correct me if I'm wrong).

https://www.softenerparts.com/fpinjector.htm
https://www.softenerparts.com/fp12408.htm

I can't find the air intake check valve anywhere. Do I keep the brine valve piston in place or does it get removed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Bannerman

Reaction score
The recommended Backwash rate for Katalox Light is 10-15 GPM per ft2. For a 12" diameter tank, that equates to 7.8 - 12 GPM drain flow, but since the drain port for a 5600 can typically at best flow only 7.0 GPM even with no DLFC button present, a 5600 valve would be unsuitable for a 12" diameter tank of KL media.

Reach4

Reaction score
A 9 inch tank.
A filter piston could not be used for AIO. I don't know what all is needed to implement AIO, but AIO does use the brine draw stage to draw air. So a filter piston, which has no brine draw stage, cannot be right. And if there is no brine draw stage, there is no point to an injector. Sorry.

Vanste777

Reaction score
A 9 inch tank.
A filter piston could not be used for AIO. I don't know what all is needed to implement AIO, but AIO does use the brine draw stage to draw air. So a filter piston, which has no brine draw stage, cannot be right. And if there is no brine draw stage, there is no point to an injector. Sorry.
Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks