Fleck 2510 head: can the plastic 1650 valve piston be swapped for the 1600 brass one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rainking430

Reaction score
I have a greensand system with this head. For years the posts here have been very useful in helping me perform DIY maintenance on this and the rest of my system. However I find some of the plastic parts like the 1650 valve piston to be pretty delicate. For instance I removed the brine/potperm tank for my yearly cleanout, when I ran the system after hooking it back up it leaked where I screwed the hose back into the piston because somehow I cracked the threads, even though I thought I was being gentle.

Anyway I did some digging to see how I could prevent this in the future. I really don't like having to deal with plastic parts and sure enough discovered there is a brass version of this valve piston, the older 1600. Anyone know if I could just swap the 1600 valve in, if I also change out the BLFC, the gray u-shaped hose from the injectors, and the nuts for the hoses? Thanks!

Rainking430

Reaction score
Actually just got off the phone with a guy at a company near me. He says the brass can indeed be swapped in. So I'm gonna try that.

Rainking430

Reaction score
Easily swapped but the plastic tends to be far better.

Thanks, can you expound on why you say that? This technician indicated the only downside would be corrosion if it was pulling salt solution. But it will be pulling a potperm solution so he said corrosion should not be an issue.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Either will work, the plastic tends to hold up better in most applications, not critical. the plastic valve is also a little less expensive. They both use the same rubber materials inside so wear/teat is similar.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks