Fleck 2510 AIO head not cycling completely! Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cristian

Reaction score
Hi guys,

About 4 years ago, I installed a system that uses two fleck 2510sxt heads, one being an AIO for the Katalox iron filter, and the other a non-AIO head for the softener itself. I also have one of those "big blue" 24" filters installed before the Katalox unit, just to keep any sediment out.

My problem is that the 2510sxt OIS head on the Katalox filter has the nasty habit of not completing its cycle when it does its backflush, which often leaves it offline while it spews water all over the backyard through the backflush hose.

Whenever I notice the water from the tap smelling a little funny, I know I can look outside and see water pouring from the Katalox unit flush line. I have actually had to route the flush hose so that I can see the end of it from the kitchen window, so that I'll know when it is stuck between cycles and needs to be reset.

I don't think this has to do with age or wear, since the darned thing has been doing this
since shortly after I installed it. I suppose my laziness, and my hopes that the problem would somehow "go away on its own" have kept me from actually doing anything about it until now.

My questions are, is this sort of thing a common problem with this head?
If so, what is (are) the usual culprit(s)?
What would cause a relatively new (and it has been doing this since it was relatively new) head to do this?
Do I need to take apart / rebuild something to make it right?

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated!

- Cris

Last edited:

Bannerman

Reaction score
Usually an indication that the valve needs to be rebuilt with new seals and spacers. If the Teflon coating inn the piston is flicking or damaged, the piston should also be replaced.

Cristian

Reaction score
The head has been doing this incomplete cycle almost since it was new, so I guess we're looking at a defective unit. I wonder how much it costs to have it rebuilt. Or should I just sell it on eBay and replace it with a Clack unit?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks