Fasco blower motor

Users who are viewing this thread

TequilaMB

Reaction score
The blower motor on our 30 yr old Dunkirk boiler is making a racket. It's still going, but making a lot of noise. Model on the tag says JA1M139NS. Any idea where I can find a replacement? I've been going to take it apart to clean, but would like to have a spare on hand just in case.

20220925_115210.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
The bearings are shot and all the amount of cleaning, oil and grease will not help. It might be quiet for an hour or so but it will start up again. It is most likely the bearing closest to the drum. While you have it apart the drum fan needs to come out with it. Thirty years on it might be a bitch to remove it from the motor shaft. If it is tough, a puller may be needed to get it off. You'll also notice that the fins of the drum are probably full of crud which impedes air flow and they should be scraped clean.

A possibility is something got wedge in (paper or plastic) the blower housing and it is rubbing on the blower itself. A funny story, my neightbor had a noise coming from his Jeep when the AC blower was on. He didn't believe me but I did prove to home, we found a piece of cellophane from a tape cassette had been sucked in and it was making a racket inside the squirrel cage.

Fitter30

Reaction score
To pull the blower wheel they.make a tool for easy pulling. Clean the wheel and housing with a garden hose and dish soap. Hub good and tight? Sand the shaft, spray it with wd40 wheel gets caught up on what the set screw does to the shaft. Puller uses set screws tighten on the hub keep set screws away from set screw to shaft.
Supco - Puller - FBP100 Fan Blade And Blower Wheel Puller
$37.50
Amazon.com

TequilaMB

Reaction score
It sounds like an iffy proposition, at best. Can you tell me where to find a replacement if I get it apart and find it's too far gone? Since it also heats my watermaker hot water supply, I can't take it apart first, then order a replacement if it's not working.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
It sounds like an iffy proposition, at best. Can you tell me where to find a replacement if I get it apart and find it's too far gone? Since it also heats my watermaker hot water supply, I can't take it apart first, then order a replacement if it's not working.
There are hardly any parts for most items nowadays. In your case just purchase the entire assembly, it should be an easy swap and you're done with it. The boiler maybe down for a few hours.

That part number is an assembly. The motor alone may not be possible for purchase. Call up a local supplier and a replacement motor alone might be available.

The part number on the motor is not found on the FASCO web site but they come up with another unit one digit difference "109" instead of "139". It is a motor/blower assembly.

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 2.48.46 PM.jpg

Fitter30

Reaction score
There are hardly any parts for most items nowadays. In your case just purchase the entire assembly, it should be an easy swap and you're done with it. The boiler maybe down for a few hours.

That part number is an assembly. The motor alone may not be possible for purchase. Call up a local supplier and a replacement motor alone might be available.

The part number on the motor is not found on the FASCO web site but they come up with another unit one digit difference "109" instead of "139". It is a motor/blower assembly.

View attachment 86636
Oem part number if ever match a generic pt number never seen it happen. Wheel size, rotation or housing might have different flange or motor mount. Blower manufacturer won't tell u.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks