Double checking UPC sink vent down the drain line 3 feet

Users who are viewing this thread

PlumbHomebody

Reaction score
I'm double checking my plan to vent a kitchen sink 3 feet down the drain line from the horizontal and then join a branch vent in the ceiling. This has been my plan but then I realized I never see any drawings for kitchen sink venting that isn't come vertical off a sanitary tee... the venting will jon up with the main stack in the ceiling and exit the roof. UPC in Oregon

PlumbHomebody

Reaction score
Drawing would help. Offhand, I don't think what you describe it code.
43B41EAA-EF3E-47F6-941E-2043CCEFBA7F.jpeg

Here is a drawing.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
An 1.5 trap arm is allowed to travel 42" from the vent to the weir of the trap. A 2" trap arm can travel 60" but you then are required to install a 2" trap as well (tho i've installed plenty of 1.5" traps on 2" trap arms.)

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the wye is within the horizontal distance limits Tuttle mentioned, and within a vertical fall of at most one pipe diameter, the vent takeoff you drew is fine. Except the wye is backwards, you want material that might have backed up into the vent to be directed to the drain.

Cheers, Wayne

PlumbHomebody

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply but thank you all for replying to my question and giving advice.

Take care!
Jo

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks