Don't use promotional items

Users who are viewing this thread

Taylorjm

Reaction score
So I just had to re-educate some employees again about what NOT to do. If I company sends you free stuff, (like the ones that send you free pens with your name on them), for your computer, do not use them! So many companies are getting hit with viruses, malware and ransomware by sending freebies like flash drives or phone chargers with the company name on them and telling them they can get more at some outrageous price. (that way nobody will call them wanting to order more). Then employees use the flash drives or charge their phones at work and it gives hackers access to the internal network. I thought one of the big shipping companies (fedex or dhl?) that was breeched not too long ago was done with this method. It's a scary world we live in.

HudsonDIY

Reaction score
As part of FedRAMP compliance all our corporate PC's have the ability to plug in and use a portable drive disabled. It can be a pain sometimes but this will never happen.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks