Delta Tub Diverter Spout - Plastic Nipple Extender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mlee117

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm probably just not searching for the right wording online. But need some help as I can't find a replacement tub diverter spout with the plastic part inside being large enough to go over a 1 1/4" adapter from the wall. Home depot only sells the spouts which have a 1/2" - 3/4" size in them and as such i don't know where to find something similar. Pictures of old part below. Can someone help me with the following questions:

1. What is the technical name of the white plastic part? Is it a nipple extender?
2. What type or size of an extension nipple is the white plastic part?
3. Is there a way to take the white plastic out of the old spout without damaging it? I tried to twist by hand and with pliers and it would not move.

Thanks

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
It is a special part that comes with every easy adjustable spout that has flexible depth adjustment.
Delta makes some that have a brass piece, Pasco, sold at plumbing supply houses, makes both a diverter model (#1144) and a non-diverter model.
Many Grohe spout models have a similar nice depth adjustment fitting.
You won't find the part except with a spout.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The part on the wall is part of the tub spout that will fit various Delta spouts designed for it. If you want to use some other brand, you'd have to remove that part from the wall, but finding one that would tighten down on what's left of the pipe sticking out may be tougher...you might need to remove that nipple and replace it with one the right length for the spout you want.

The easiest thing is to replace the spout with a new compatible Delta one. You might want to replace the O-rings on that adapter and give them a coat of silicone plumber's grease to ease the install and keep things from binding.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks