Delta R22000 vs R11000/10000 combo

Users who are viewing this thread

jtcircle6

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I am in the process of remodeling our master bath and have a question regarding the shower setup.

New shower will have shower head, rain head, and body sprayers. All will be plumbed with Pex A.

My question is what is the difference or advantage of utilizing the Delta R22000 vs the R10000/R11000 combo? I can't seem to find a direct comparison of the two different setups.

I would obviously want max flow and temp control and wasn't sure if one was better than the other.

Thank you for your help!

Jeff

diy-montana

Reaction score
I'm investigaitng the same choice, and my research has pointed that from a cost perspective, R10000/R11000 combo is the least attractive option. The diverter valve and trim costs are much higher than I would have thought. I'm leaning towards two independent R10000s or the R22000

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
The r11 and 10000 are for use with a tub filler. The r22000 are for shower heads only.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
In my experience, you cannot mount the valve upside down...the cartridges insert specifically into the v index of the valve body, and then all the handles are designed to go on only one way.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
In my experience, you cannot mount the valve upside down...the cartridges insert specifically into the v index of the valve body, and then all the handles are designed to go on only one way.
The cartridges are now reversible. They used to be that way, but now it doesn't matter which side is hot or cold or if you have them back to back the cartridge can go either way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks