Crimped Round Pipe Direction

Users who are viewing this thread

Alfa

Reaction score
I understand that round duct pipe should be installed with the male end leading away from the furnace, in the direction of the hot air flow. Does that mean that return air duct should run in the opposite direction, with the male ends heading toward the furnace? This seems like it may be a little difficult since the register boots and starting collars are designed to fit the pipes the same way as the supply side.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
This seems like it may be a little difficult since the register boots and starting collars are designed to fit the pipes the same way as the supply side.
Cold returns don't usually use the same registers/boots as the heat registers. I think rectangular return ducts are more common.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks