Converting deck-mount faucet to wall-mount?

Users who are viewing this thread

David95966

Reaction score
I would like to convert a deck-mount faucet to wall-mount to make cleaning easier and avoid accumulation of water. At first I assumed I would have to reroute plumbing into the wall, but then saw this site which runs the plumbing through the backsplash. This fixture is out of my price range.

image.jpg

How would I use off-the-shelf hardware to achieve the same result as this fixture?

Last edited:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Less than brilliant idea.
1. The body is held by one nut. In time the faucet will be out of level and it will get loose.
2. The wooden supply lines cover back splash will deteriorate with leaks.
3. To change supply lines, you will need to detach the whole cabinet in order to gain access.
If you absolutely have to have a wall mount, stick to a traditional wall mount faucet.

Wall mount faucets used to be popular, but they disappeared in the last 20-25 years. Go to any faucet shop and you'll see dozens of counter mount faucets available and only one or two wall mount available.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; How would I use off-the-shelf hardware to achieve the same result as this fixture?

You won't. Most of the cost of a faucet is for the "trim" pieces, and they are different for a wall mount faucet than a deck mount one, particularly the spout design. You can mount a deck mount faucet in the wall, or vice versa. The handles would work either way, but the spouts would NOT.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks