Connecting existing Pex A to Pex B to add circulating pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

moresun

Reaction score
That is not a ball valve style boiler drain. That's a multiturn valve. Quarter turn=Ball valve.

Preferably your pump would not have an internal check valve but since it does you should probably just use that. In my experience you should be prepared and on the lookout for that internal check valve to fail and need changed out.
I'm struggling to find the right pump. Is there one you can suggest that doesn't have a check valve? I really appreciate your time.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Taco 003 in bronze (I don't think they come in stainless) should work for most houses unless you have a mansion. They should be available with all different type of connections. You may want to use a threaded connection so you can screw adapters on both sides?

Was the pump you were gonna use a grundfos? I think they like the internal check valve system, but they aren't great in my opinion. A swing check is pretty easy to change the guts out of.

moresun

Reaction score
Taco 003 in bronze (I don't think they come in stainless) should work for most houses unless you have a mansion. They should be available with all different type of connections. You may want to use a threaded connection so you can screw adapters on both sides?

Was the pump you were gonna use a grundfos? I think they like the internal check valve system, but they aren't great in my opinion. A swing check is pretty easy to change the guts out of.
yeah i was going to go with this one:

looks like the check valve is removable.

but might go with this one and also looking at the Taco 003:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks