condensate drain for Navien tankless water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

julio

Reaction score
How can I prevent condensate drain line from freezing on my Navien tankless water heater. I have a high efficient furnace and the 3/4" condensate drain line that protrudes thru the wall just enough to install a ninety to direct flow downward. I had problems with this freezing and didn't have room to install heat tape. I built a small enclousure and installed a small light bulb. Light was emitted thru open bottom which my wife complained about ever since I installed. I recently cured that by installing a ceramic bulb which emits no light. However, I don't wish to do this again. Also, I can drain into septic tank thru neutralizer I purchased from Navien, but that will require testing the ph of the neutralizer. Also, how do you know when to test it? Love the high efficiency heater, but this stuff has been a thorn in my side. Appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks.
Julio

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I don't understand why you say you need to test the neutralized condensate. If you have the clear neutralizer case, just keep an eye on the state of the carbonate rocks and maybe test when they start to seriously disappear.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks