Compression stem for bathroom faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Fred1222

Reaction score
Trying to find a replacement for this stem. House was built in 1978 and I can't find a manufacturer's logo, etc. It has a 12 point broach, but I have no way of measuring its width. The entire stem appears to be about one and three-quarters inches long. I tried replacing it with a Pfister 910-392 and everything seemed to match except the threads on my old stem are narrower than on the Pfister. Any suggestions?
stem.jpg

stem.jpg

Last edited:

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Trying to find a replacement for this stem. House was built in 1978 and I can't find a manufacturer's logo, etc. It has a 12 point broach, but I have no way of measuring its width. The entire stem appears to be about one and three-quarters inches long. I tried replacing it with a Pfister 910-392 and everything seemed to match except the threads on my old stem are narrower than on the Pfister. Any suggestions?

View attachment 88106
You probably ought to repost with a ruler next to the cartridge. The trim and other pieces help when people are trying to identify faucet parts.

Mr tee

In the Trades
Reaction score
If there isn't a screw on the bottom, just a hole (I can't tell in picture) it may be a Price Pfister Hydroseal.

Fred1222

Reaction score
If there isn't a screw on the bottom, just a hole (I can't tell in picture) it may be a Price Pfister Hydroseal.
I just attached a new picture with the screw in the bottom and a ruler. I'll check out the Hydroseal. My old one looks EXACTLY like Pfister's 910-392 except for the threads.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks