Code relating to venting Air Admittance Valves (AAVs) for remodeling

Users who are viewing this thread

electrotuko

Reaction score
I know that the code does not allow to use Air Admittance Valves (AAVs) for venting for Illinois.
Can the AAVs be used for the remodeling, not talking about new construction, talking about Illinois, Kane County.
Need to add bathtub, shower, vanity-sink and WC in the lower level-waking out basement. No way to add vent pipe through the roof, it is a room above, no space in the walls and etc. The closest vent (4" pipe through the roof) is on existing WC -toilet + shower + laundry sink is 15' away.
IL code requires 6'.

I would appreciate for an advise - can I use AAV? (without violating the Code of course)

Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
There is no separate code for remodeling vs. new construction. If you are doing new plumbing, it must meet the current code.

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I guarantee there is a way. You might not like it, but there is always a way. Closing in on 40 years in the trade and I have never installed an AAV

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks