Clack WS1 slow leak into brine tank

Users who are viewing this thread

KobeC

Reaction score
My Clack WS1 is slowly leaking into the brine tank while in the normal (softening) state. In my attempts to fix this, I have replaced the stack assembly, pistons (amber and black) and (red) injector. I have also checked my drain line by blowing into it. Before I realized that it was a slow leak, I thought I wasn't getting enough suction in the brine cycle so I also completely cleaned out my brine tank and tested the floater valve assembly inside the brine tank.

I'm kind of running out of ideas with what could be causing this leak. Would appreciate any and all suggestions on this.

Also, I verified the slow leak in two ways: 1) by measuring the water level in the brine tank, waiting an hour and remeasuring. 2) By disconnecting the brine line elbow inside the tank, flipping the elbow upside down and watching the water in the elbow slowly fill up.

Reach4

Reaction score
Does that valve have a "brine valve"?

KobeC

Reaction score
If by "brine valve" you are referring to the rigid plastic tube and float that sit in the brine tank, then yes. Not sure what the right terminology is for that part.

Reach4

Reaction score
If by "brine valve" you are referring to the rigid plastic tube and float that sit in the brine tank, then yes. Not sure what the right terminology is for that part.
I am not.
I broke down, and see there is a "Regenerate piston" and a seal that works with it, for that function.

KobeC

Reaction score
I am not.
I broke down, and see there is a "Regenerate piston" and a seal that works with it, for that function.
Thank you for the reply but it is not clear to me what you are suggesting...

Reach4

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply but it is not clear to me what you are suggesting...
Why is that? Shall I presume you were unable to find a service manual? Or were my words not clear? Or that you could not find "Regenerate piston" in your service manual? I was only trying to get you looking in the right area, and to point out that Clack does the brine valving a different way-- they have a little piston extension that does the job of a brine valve on a Fleck softener.. I have no experience with a Clack valve.

KobeC

Reaction score
Why is that? Shall I presume you were unable to find a service manual? Or were my words not clear? Or that you could not find "Regenerate piston" in your service manual? I was only trying to get you looking in the right area, and to point out that Clack does the brine valving a different way-- they have a little piston extension that does the job of a brine valve on a Fleck softener.. I have no experience with a Clack valve.
Ah, ok. Thank you for the additional context. I just wasn't sure what you meant by "I broke down" which kind of threw off my interpretation of your reply. But I understand now.

I did already replace the Piston (V3011), Regenerant Piston (V3174), Spacer Stack Assembly (V3005) and Injector (V3010-1D). Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks