Clack WS-1 metered(on-demand) regen question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Rldev

Reaction score
I have had to adjust my clack ws-1 settings due to changes in my local water supply. My question is about metered regeneration. My valve is set for metered regeneration. I have set a 14 day override. The override will never be invoked in my system. The other day while working in the same room as the softener, the regen cycle turned on and I was a little startled. I have been monitoring usage after my changes and capacity was low. In my head, I was thinking that even in metered mode, the system would regenerate at the next 2:00AM set time. Is this an option on the WS-1? It's not a big deal, but it would be better if the regen took place at 2:00am next day once a certain capacity has been reached. Hopefully I'm making sense. Thanks.

Bannerman

Reaction score
Check that the WS1 current Time setting is correct.

The current time and regeneration time settings adjustments are detailed on the 2nd page of the manual linked below.

Clack WS1 Programming Manual

While the link above is for the Time Clock controller, you didn't specify which WS1 model you have. The link above it may provide a shortcut to the time settings whereas Page 6+ of the PDF manual below pertains to the WS1EI version.

Clack WS1EI Programming Manual

Last edited:

Rldev

Reaction score
Is what I want possible? The time is correct. It a WS-1CS. I want it to work using metering, but was wondering if
it's possible to use metering, but have it regen at 2:00am when capacity is depleted or reaches a specific threshold. left
Example there is 30 gallons of capacity left today at 7:00pm according to the meter, I want it to regen at 2:00am and not before.

Reach4

Reaction score
Is what I want possible? The time is correct. It a WS-1CS. I want it to work using metering, but was wondering if
it's possible to use metering, but have it regen at 2:00am when capacity is depleted or reaches a specific threshold. left
Example there is 30 gallons of capacity left today at 7:00pm according to the meter, I want it to regen at 2:00am and not before.
I am sure that what you want is the normal way to set things up.
WS1 books says
STEP 9S – Set Regeneration Time Option using ∇ or ∆ buttons:
• “NORMAL” means regeneration will occur at the preset time;
• “on 0” means regeneration will occur immediately when the gallons capacity reaches
0 (zero); or

Rldev

Reaction score
Hmm. My unit is set to Normal. I guess I will wait to see what time the next regen occurs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks