Cheap Chinese Thread question

Users who are viewing this thread

Dan Piano

Reaction score
So I’m installing some claw foot tub exposed shower hardware. I thought 169.00$. What a deal! You get what you pay for! This is garbage, but I’ve already plumbed everything and I’m ready to be done. It calls for G thread to hook the faucet hardware up to the supplies. The adapter that goes from 1/2” npt to 3/4 G female is deeper than any 3/4 g thread nipple I can find. It won’t bottom out on the gasket and seal. I put tape and dope on it and the cold side sealed and the hot side has a really small leak. I bought a longer GHT nipple and thicker washers hoping I could take up the gap. I’m looking at the G to GHT nipples and to my eye they look different! What do you recommend! More pipe tape? ####

Attachments

• 42B6611A-954E-4B4A-9126-34353655AC1A.jpeg
    42B6611A-954E-4B4A-9126-34353655AC1A.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 269858FE-18F4-47EE-93A6-4C0C8EE0049E.jpeg
    269858FE-18F4-47EE-93A6-4C0C8EE0049E.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 96

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
you got wrong parts I dont know what you have , what you need , or what the chinese interpeter put in instructions but it should be simple for someone in the trade to figure out if parts mate or they dont and then identify what needs corrected. it might take a trip to hardware store to figure out or plumbing supply

Dan Piano

Reaction score
you got wrong parts I dont know what you have , what you need , or what the chinese interpeter put in instructions but it should be simple for someone in the trade to figure out if parts mate or they dont and then identify what needs corrected. it might take a trip to hardware store to figure out or plumbing supply
It’s g thread. GHT is different. I ordered a g thread nipple from euro land. Just got to wait. No one around here caries any g thread.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks