Cannot find adapter for cold/hot Franke faucet/hot water tank/filter system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jkberg

Reaction score
Our several-year-old Franke cold/hot faucet had to be replaced, along with the under-sin,k hot water tank. The old faucet, tank, filter system had copper piping with npt fittings with the main water supply from a 5/8" compression inlet x 3/8" OD compression outlet stop valve. I want to keep the old filter system because it's better than the new model in my opinion. The old filter connects to the water supply with a 3/8" male npt inlet and leaves the filter through a 1/4" male npt outlet to the faucet.

I've tried and tried only to be stymied, because I can find no female adapter (3/4" npt with a 3/8" OD push-to- connect) to fit the 3/8" npt outlet pipe in order to attach the 3/8" OD poly tube from the faucet to the filter (plumbing stores have no such adapter and the plastic adapter I ordered that was supposed to fit did not-almost but not quite).

Next I tried to find a female adapter (1/4" npt with a 3/8" OD push-to-connect) that would fit the 1/4" brass connector between the main water supply and the filter inlet (the supply line to the filter from the stop valve consists of two flexible steel supply lines connected by the 1/4" npt brass connector. This alternative would mean that I would buy the new Franke filtration system with 3/8" OD push-to-connect poly tubing inlet and outlet. Again when I tried to attach the female adapter it would not fit.

So, my next step is to replace the 5/8" compression inlet x 3/8" OD compression outlet stop valve with a 5/8" compression inlet x 3/8" OD push-to-connect stop valve, but I can't locate such a valve.

Anyone have some advice? (Franke has none for me). I'm sitting on several hundred dollars worth of appliances that I can't connect A to B to C!

Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Would a 5x8" compression by 3/8" comp, combined with a short piece of 3/8" OD tubing so that you can use a 3/8" push connect there for the 3/8 plastic tubing?
Most plumbers have 3/8" OD soft copper on hand, and with an insert stiffener, some also use plastics.

push-38-by-38-od.jpg

comp-38-by38-od.jpg

Last edited:

Jkberg

Reaction score
Would a 5x8" compression by 3/8" comp, combined with a short piece of 3/8" OD tubing so that you can use a 3/8" push connect there for the 3/8 plastic tubing?
Most plumbers have 3/8" OD soft copper on hand, and with an insert stiffener, some also use some plastic. Thanks will look into th

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks