Can sink share water supply with toilet via (dual) stop valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

muilebon

Reaction score
Hello!
I hope everyone is have a nice day!
I am re-piping copper with PEX.
My sink and toilet are right next to one another.
Instead of "tee-ing" the cold water pipe for the toilet behind the wall
I thought it could be more efficient to use a dual stop valve and split at the sink.
Is this allowed by code?
I am in Maryland.

Thank you!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It should not matter, but I don't really like dual stops. If you're doing that make sure you can isolate when one is off. I don't like shutting everything down just for one fixture.

How long will your toilet supply have to be?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
It will work fine, might look a little sloppy, You could put a tee where it comes out wall and use 2 stops. I dont think its legal for one stop but thats been an argument with dual stop for kitchen sink and dishwasher hot. Which I always put 2 stops.

Reach4

Reaction score
I had presumed that a valve similar to this was contemplated.

brasscraft-double-stops.jpg

I now think that the proposal is that a flex connector come through a hole, on the right side of the vanity cabinet, to the dual shut-off valve.

legend-double-stops.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I had presumed that a valve similar to this was contemplated.

brasscraft-double-stops.jpg

I now think that the proposal is that a flex connector come through a hole, on the right side of the vanity cabinet, to the dual shut-off valve.

that's better with 2 shut offs I had thought single valve. I actually had pictured the toilet on the left side with a long flex ha ha . Either way it works not a sanitary issue . Cosmetic if on the right side its not too wild .
If it was a new build or you had walls all open Inspector likely give you a hard time but a repipe probably no problem especially with separate shut off

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks