Can a washing machine drain into the wet vent of a toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

sfclimbers

Reaction score
I have a vanity with an S trap and a washing machine equipped with a spring cheater valve sharing the vanity drain. I want to convert the vanity to a P trap and have both it and the washing machine vented by an AAV. I also want to relocate a toilet.

Can I have the toilet be horizontally wet vented by the vanity sink (i.e. sink drain penetrates floor and travels horizontally toward main soil drain where it meets the toilet and joins in a wye to the main drain), while still having the dry vented washing machine empty into the tee on the vertical beneath the sink? Assume all distance, drain and vent sizes are correct.

Any other problems with this layout? I assume I could equally dry vent the toilet from the same AAV. But, would the proposed wet vent be enough without that?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Wet Vent.png
    Wet Vent.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 204

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Canada has an allowance for a separately vented fixture to drain through a wet vent. Not allowed in the US codes, but you'll need to check your plumbing code.

Wrenched

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is no issue with the laundry and the lav using the wet vent.

The wet vent section needs to be at least 2 inch diameter.

wet vent requirements:

wet vent sizing:

Drainage Hydraulic loads:

Check with your local authority having jurisdiction with regards to using an AAV for a water closet. They may not be considered an acceptable solution.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Horizontal wet vented in such fasion flys too ? we have diferant rules for each vertical wet venting and horrizontal have differant requirements. but if that your code great!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks