Boiler Vented through Chimney question

Users who are viewing this thread

PumpNewb1

Reaction score
Hi All -

Wanted to see if I can bounce this idea off someone that knows what they're talking about. I vent my Boiler and Gas insert fireplace out of the chimney (I believe they are seperate sections of the chimney. The inside of my Chimney is in rough shape and also I am told I need to replace the liner ($2200). I believe it because the house is 60 years old and the chimney hasnt been touched.

My boiler is also old (30 yrs) so I was thinking since my Boiler is the only thing venting out the chimney can I switch to a Direct Vent LP or Oil Boiler? That was I a void the $2200 for replacing the liner since nothing will be vented out that part of the chimney. I believe when they install the gas fireplace (https://www.kozyheat.com/product/chaska34-gas-fireplace-inserts/) it already vents through its own ductwork in the chimney.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. Lp has 91k btu's a gallon, #2 oil 137k - 141800 btu's . Find what total cost delivered and their efficiency. Oil has more maintenance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks