Basement toilet install with rear discharge

Users who are viewing this thread

Ffernandes

Reaction score
Is it possible to plumb a rear discharge toilet with rough in at 7 inches directly to the 4 inch main sewer pipe (that has a 1/4 inch per foot gravity fall) at the point where the main sewer pipe is the lowest ( it is about 8 inches from floor to middle of the 4 inch sewer pipe).
I am willing to raise the floor about 4 inches which would bring the the rough in toilet discharge to 11 inches…

Ffernandes

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance beforehand when it comes to plumbing!

I really don't want to use: option a) an up flush toilet....or option b) a sewage pit with pump.

Is this doable or am I crazy?

Thank you so much for your time!

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Maybe a picture or diagram would be helpful. I'm not exactly sure what you have.

Your sewer pipe is running horizontally? And you want to cut a combo into it and attach a floor mount, rear outlet, toilet to it? Sure you can do that. You'll have to make a platform for the toilet to sit on which has your combo at the correct height in relation. Your wall will likley need spaced out to accommodate this situation also.

Ffernandes

Reaction score
Maybe a picture or diagram would be helpful. I'm not exactly sure what you have.

Your sewer pipe is running horizontally? And you want to cut a combo into it and attach a floor mount, rear outlet, toilet to it? Sure you can do that. You'll have to make a platform for the toilet to sit on which has your combo at the correct height in relation. Your wall will likley need spaced out to accommodate this situation also.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1702.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1702.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 272

Ffernandes

Reaction score
Yes the sewer pipe is running horizontally. This is the toilet that I will use. The 2x4 has the drawing of the height of the toilet discharge at 11 inches ( once i raise the floor). Alternatively. I could connect to the clean out on the right which is at 6.5 inches on center and possibly get away with only raising floor 2 inches? ( toilet 7 inch rough in + 2 in floor raised = 9 inch)
Will the 2.5 inch gravity fall be enough ?

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1700.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1700.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 313
  • thumbnail_IMG_1701.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1701.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 281

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is no fall required to flush a toilet if that's what your asking. Plenty of commercial toilet carrier systems run horizontally. As long as the pipe running behind the toilet is sloped and taking the waste away it'll flush fine.

Ffernandes

Reaction score
There is no fall required to flush a toilet if that's what your asking. Plenty of commercial toilet carrier systems run horizontally. As long as the pipe running behind the toilet is sloped and taking the waste away it'll flush fine.
Thank you so much for your valuable input ! This was really helpful !

Ffernandes

Reaction score
There is one sold buy Signature Hardware and I believe Saniflo carries one also.
I may also consider a wall mounted toilet if I can find one with a rough in above 7".

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
swiss madison smwt442 wall hung 7 1/8 inch waste rough in you could go higher but verify kinda ugly and you gotta buy a carrier just look around for others too . standard for rear outlet floor mounts are usually lower

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks