Aquatic 6800 Booster Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Jazz

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Was hoping you could help me with a sanity check.

The RO system is at least 7 years old- seemed to work ok, but always had low pressure. Would take a long time to fill a glass.

I'm on a well- 30/50 switch on the pressure pump outside. I bought an Aquatic 6800 and installed it. Seemed to have a few leaks with the increased pressure, and most notably, in the ASV. Absolutely could not get it to stop leaking. Was told that because I have a high pressure switch, it was redundant, so I deleted the ASV. (The 6800 only came with a high pressure, not a low pressure.)

I've got the whole thing leak free, and it's running. Added a liquid filled gauge after the pump, and it's reading 103 while the pump it running.

And the pump is always running. Is this thing going to shut off at some point?

The pump and gauge are installed right after the third stage filter. The switch is after the membrane.

And what's the worst that can happen if it doesn't stop? Something gonna pop? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Jazz

Reaction score
Quick update- after 4 hours of running the pump, the water coming out of the faucet is barely more than a dribble. Pump is still on..

Taylorjm

Reaction score
Do you have a check valve coming out of the membrane housing? You probably don't have a flow restrictor anymore on the brine line either to stop it from streaming out the brine drain. When I eliminated the asv, I put in a high pressure shutoff for the pump and a low pressure shutoff on the membrane out side. Had to add a flow restrictor on the brine side to make sure the water flowed out of the membrane to the faucet and not right down the drain.

Last edited:

Jazz

Reaction score
Do you have a check valve coming out of the membrane housing? You probably don't have a flow restrictor anymore on the brine line either to stop it from streaming out the brine drain. When I eliminated the asv, I put in a high pressure shutoff for the pump and a low pressure shutoff on the membrane out side. Had to add a flow restrictor on the brine side to make sure the water flowed out of the membrane to the faucet and not right down the drain.

I got it.

When I did the delete, I mixed up the input/output on the membrane. Had all these hoses all over and got confused. Fixed that, and the pump ran for two hours and stopped. Seems to be working as intended.

Really appreciate the reply. Thank you!

-Ed

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks