Applied 100% silicone in corner between 2 boards - now how to waterproof in that corner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Curiousv

Reaction score
As u can see on side its cement board and other is DensShield
in the corner between these 2 boards I have applied caulk ..now am confused what can I apply over this corner/caulk for waterproofing ..I dont think I can apply redgard ...so what else ?
can I apply thinset over this 100% silicone caulk ? if yes I can go to kerdi membrane route

This is what DensShield instruction say

DensShield instructions.png
DensShield® Tile Backer has a built-in moisture barrier. Does not require an additional moisture barrier.

2" (51 mm) fiberglass mesh tape–embed in a skim coat of material used to set tiles on all joints and corners that are to receive tile; caulk corners and edges prior to addition of fiberglass mesh tape. Seal penetrations and abutments to dissimilar materials
corner caulk.jpg

Last edited:

L squad

Reaction score
Hydroban liquid membrane and fabric in the corner. Liquid membrane doesn't stick the best to silicone, but the fabric will bridge the gap.
We coat all our showers completely in the hydroban. You could shower in it after it's dry.
Let it dry completely before a second coat

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220918-142407_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220918-142407_Chrome.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_20220918-142334_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220918-142334_Chrome.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 118
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks