Anyone with experience with Tec Innovators

Users who are viewing this thread

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
So I had a catastrophic failure of an empty filter housing that I was using to introduce Chlorine into the line to sanitize my Katalox tank every so often. Apparently chlorine destroys the plastic and blew the bottom out. This in turn flooded my storage shed that houses my water system. It blew overnight while sleeping. When we opened the door water poured out. It was holding 5" of water.

So all cleaned up and fixed. Luckily just the stuff sitting on the floor got trashed. Which brings me to my point.
I wanted something to shut the pump off in the even of another leak. The cleanup was worse than anything I lost. I'd rather just shut the pump completely instead of those automatic valves. I bought a flood shutoff for my pump from Tec Innovators. Pretty beefy setup for a simple job. But if I am ever away from home for any length this will save my bacon. Will install it this weekend and wanted to hear any feedback

Attachments

• B04783E7-9C63-454A-B456-330066712B2D.jpeg
    B04783E7-9C63-454A-B456-330066712B2D.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 66
  • 41F1A92A-3A97-48AA-B657-527B05F13D7A.jpeg
    41F1A92A-3A97-48AA-B657-527B05F13D7A.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 72

Reach4

Reaction score
What brand was that filter housing?

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
What brand was that filter housing?
It was a GE Smartwater. Home Depot junk. Never going to use it again for that purpose. As I mentioned I don't use a filter in it. I have a 50 micron spin down that never gets clogged and the Katalox tank does the rest of the filtering. I now went back to using the Air draw cycle to suck liquid chlorine in when needed.
Still considering changing the head to an Ozone air injection

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks