American Standard Champion 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Ben67

Reaction score
I have been trying to find a Caroma Caravelle with no luck. From what I can see the American Standard Champion 4 looks like a good alternative for a toilet that does not clog. It has a 2 3/8" trapways which does not having sharp turns. Has anyone had one of this clogged? A family member with medical problems is limiting my choices for toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You're a lot better off with the Caroma Sydney II's that I quoted you. A 3" trapway of the caroma is a lot bigger, and you can also flush with more water by holding the buttons down longer.
The Champion has a limit on how much water leaves the tank. I find them hard to make work well. The flapper is up on a tower and leaves a lot of water at the bottom of the tank. The tank looks big enough, but a lot of the water can never leave the bowl. But it's Arlington, and if it continues to plug, oh well.

champion-4-flush-valve-1.jpg

Champion flush valve.
Some homeowners have removed this and installed a different flush valve that let's them flush with more water.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks