Advice for Best Whole House Water filter and RO (under sink filter)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kays10200

Reaction score
Hi all, I wanted to get a recommendation for both a whole house filter as well as RO filter for Nassau County, in Long Island, New York. There's been many reports about the contaminants in our water. I had two vendors come test our water and give recommendations but am just more confused! Would appreciate advice on what can best filter out the contaminants!

"one or more emerging contaminants are currently a direct threat to the drinking water supplies of 16 million New Yorkers. For Long Island, a total of 19 emerging contaminants were found to exist, including strontium, chlorate and chromium-6 and 1,4-dioxane."

2021 Water Report below:

1674587282014.png

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
strontium, chlorate and chromium-6 ? I did not see these in the test that you posted. Did I miss them?

1,4-dioxane could be a concern.

Kays10200

Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks