Adjusting the PRV at the curb

Users who are viewing this thread

doctoraicha

Reaction score
I recently had a plumber install a PRV. He set the pressure at 55 psi, which I told him seemed low. Well, it is, and needs to be adjusted up. It takes what seems like years to fill my tub, and 15 minutes for the master bathroom toilet to refill. He gave me instructions on adjusting the valve to increase pressure - but I can't remember which way to turn the valve, and now I am afraid I have only reduced the pressure in the house. Which way do I turn the screw - clockwise or counter?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Loosen the locknut, then turn the adjuster clockwise. Turn only about 2 turns at a time; run some faucets in the house to let the regulator settle out, check the pressure. Repeat if necessary.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks