Adding 2 sinks on 1.5" horizontal run

Users who are viewing this thread

Ntcarson

Reaction score
Hey all! I need to add 2 sinks (stub out, p-trap, etc) in an office space that I am renting. There is an existing 1.5" pipe off the main stack and heading in the right direction. The crude sketch below generally illustrates my situation.
1674094686831.png

1) Obviously, venting is going to be a problem. Since I have good access above, should I add a vent pipe (yellow) or should I AAV both sinks individually?
2) Am I silly to think that I can handle 2 sinks (small bathroom, kitchenette) in a light office environment on this branch?
3) Am I overlooking anything else foolish?

Thanks for your consideration,
Neil

Attachments

• 1674094568085.png
    1674094568085.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 61

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
It wouldnt meet my code the kitchette sink alone would be 2 inch . just a sink with out a disposal and a lav, would likely function ok. AAV will work too , dont know about commercial its not first class work aav and undersize drain but honestly should work ok if its not very heavy use

Ntcarson

Reaction score
It wouldnt meet my code the kitchette sink alone would be 2 inch . just a sink with out a disposal and a lav, would likely function ok. AAV will work too , dont know about commercial its not first class work aav and undersize drain but honestly should work ok if its not very heavy use
Thanks Jeff - It will definitely be very light use. It'll be a few people coming and going for about an hour in the morning, then two people doing general office work for the rest of the day. That said, perhaps I should cut out the section of the stack and drop in a 2inch santee. Even though this won't be inspected, I prefer to do everything up to code and best practices.

I'm not a huge fan of AAV, for whatever reason - if I make that pipe 2" and pull that second sink to within 8' of the stack, can I get away without adding any additional venting, since VA is IPC?

Thanks!

Damn - I just read about Terry - that isn't sitting well...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks