Acid neutralizer

Users who are viewing this thread

Kookieman 69

Reaction score
Hello, I have a part time home and have installed 2.5 cu ft acid neutralizer . The house sits for a month at a time. When I leave I turn it off as well as the water pump .(worried about leaks) when I return I push manual regenerate and backwash my problem is everytime i leave and comeback my water is brown and i have flush whole house to get rid of brown water what is causing this and what kind of filter between tank and house can I use to get rid of brown water, sorry so long wanted to get all info in Thanks,Mike

Reach4

Reaction score
I would collect brown water in a glass jar, and let it sit. Does it clear out overnight? Do you see sediment settle on the bottom?

Maybe run an outside faucet for a couple of minutes after turning the pump on. Maybe better yet, drain the pressure tank a couple of times before backwashing the calcite. So with the pump off, run water out of the drain valve at the pressure tank. Leave the drain with the hose attached. Then turn the pump on until the pump stops. Turn the pump off, and let the pressure tank completely drain. Maybe monitor what comes out, especially at the beginning and end of the draining. The purpose of this is to remove stuff that may have accumulated in the pressure tank and the well.

I would then try backwashing your calcite filter twice, instead of once, before using water in the house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks