Accidentally cleaned sloan regal flushometer water inlet cover pipe with a brillo pad, now water slowly drips out of it

Users who are viewing this thread

eustoma01

Reaction score
Any help here?

I don't have a phone on me so I cannot take photos of the actual toilet, but basically what the title says. I found this diagram detailing what the items are. I am guessing that maybe when I was cleaning the cover pipe with the brillo pad, maybe I rubbed some solder or grease off that caused the leak to form.

Screenshot_315.png

Basically the leak is happening where I put the red box. It's only like a small drop and not a big leak, but still needs to be fixed. Any ideas on what can be done without having to resolder anything? Is it even a soldering issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_315.png
    Screenshot_315.png
    230.1 KB · Views: 39

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
That is a threaded connection. Are you saying the threaded connection is leaking or is it behind the sweat solder adapter?

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Threaded joints properly made would NEVER be affected by external abrasion whatsoever.
Possibly failed/improper soldering job. The joint needs to be made up again I'm afraid and or the adapter resoldered.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks