5600SXT upflow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Monet33

Reaction score
Sorry for the noobie question but can 5600SXT be programmed to do upflow regeneration instead of downflow in settings?

Reach4

Reaction score
It would need a different piston to do upflow brining. Probably a new injector. Then programming.

So in answer to your question, you cannot switch a downflow brining softener to upflow with just a setting.

Monet33

Reaction score
so it's possible to order a different piston for upflow on the 5600SXT if they will do it? I see most go with downflow but was wondering why more people don't go with upflow piston if it save on water/salt

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
It is a small savings, and things can go wrong if the brine is injected fast enough to cause some resin to rise and to open a channel in the bed.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I would not bother. It does not really save enough to be worth the potential problems. I do training on how great, or how bad upflow brining is depending on the marketing strategies of my customers. It is useful in a few applications but for 99%, downflow is typically preferred.

Monet33

Reaction score
thanks, i've researching and it seems like downflow would be better route and easier to maintain. What do you think about the 5600sxt cabinet setup vs tank setup? Is one better than the other

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks