48" Vanity with double sinks

Users who are viewing this thread

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't see why they wouldn't as long as the plumbing and fixtures are legal. I don't think anyone would consider a counter top with sinks a plumbing fixture until you hook a listed faucet and drain onto it.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
These are pictures for my main bathroom. I went from single sink to two sinks. I had a plumber do the work for this project. Don't worry, the AAV in the wall cavity behind the vanity is opened. If there is ever a problem, I have access from the other side of the wall.

1654110820849.png
double drain.jpg

Last edited:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not sure about MA code, but if the two lavatory outlets are within 30" horizontally of each other, then IIRC the IPC/UPC would allow them to be plumbed like a kitchen sink and share a single trap.

Cheers, Wayne

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Some codes want 30" for a sink or lav, elbow space is what they're looking at.
A kitchen sink is a single user sink, whether it's two or three bowls within the 33" space.
The inspector is most likely thinking you need 60" for a two lav vanity.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Late to this, but Mass has it's own list of approved products here - https://licensing.reg.state.ma.us/pubLic/pl_products/pb_pre_form.asp

Mind, this list is strictly the manufacturer signing that they have checked MA code and it's compliant....I've had issues with MFG's simply signing despite the product not being compliant, but at the very least this puts liability onto the MFG to pay for replacement if the inspector calls it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks