Search results

1. Weekend Handyman

Crimp Rings Bad Batch ?

Well ... this is a new one for me. I was working on my bathtub swap out project, which included replacing the shower valve and temporarily moving a baseboard hot water heater. About 1/2 way through, I opened a new bag of copper crimp rings (Sharkbite Brand). All of a sudden, the rings did...
  2. Weekend Handyman

Soldering Question

Hello: So, I am now knee deep in bathroom reno. I was soldering up a female adapter and noticed that it looks like some of the tinning flux pushed its way into the fitting and got on the threads. Is this fine to use?
  3. Weekend Handyman

Shower Valve Threads

Ok … so clearly quality control is dead. I purchased a Moen M-Core valve and had damage on the threads. I returned it and received replacement. Guess what … damage on the threads … but better. I am thinking this one is ‘good enough’ but wanted to see if the plumbing gods agree.
  4. Weekend Handyman

Trap Adapter

To go from 1 1/2 brass waste and overflow to 1 1/2 ABS, is the following the correct adapter? https://www.homedepot.ca/product/lesso-abs-dwv-1-1-2-trap-adapter-hub-x-sj/1000116195
  5. Weekend Handyman

Moen M-Core

Hello. I am thinking of installing one of these because the better half would like to have volume and temperature control. Does anyone have any personal experience with them and impressions they could share?
  6. Weekend Handyman

Thoughts on Bath Tub Models

Hi Guys: I am going to re-do the downstairs bath tub, shower valve, etc. I have a U-Tile (Maax) that I got for a great price, so I am going to go with a compatible Maax tub. Upstairs, I used this one (Maax Bosca) upstairs and was pleased with it: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/maax-b ...
  7. Weekend Handyman

Dry fitting Cellular Core ABS

Hello: Just wondering. Can I dry-fit cellular core ABS? I now you can not dry fit solid core PVC or ABS; however, the cellular core stuff seems to seat more deeply when sizing things up. Thank you :)
  8. Weekend Handyman

Degrees of Slope

Hello: So I have to setup the under sink plumbing on the weekend. My level has markers for 1' and 2' of slope. Just wondering ... which one of those would give me 1/4 inch per foot? Thank you :)
  9. Weekend Handyman

Mystery Pipe

Any idea what this pipe is ... or what kind of pipe is ... I assume PCV, but have not seen that type of hub before. My best guess on the purpose is rough in for Radon abatement system. It is filled with gravel. Sanitary system is ABS, so it should not relate to that.
  10. Weekend Handyman

Interesting Balancing Valve

I came across this guy in my travels today. My inner plumbing geek is curious about what it is called and does. It is on the supply for a hot water air handler.
  11. Weekend Handyman

REHAU RAUPEX 02

Does anyone have any idea why REHAU advises not to use F1807 crimp rings fittings in Hydronic Heating systems? https://www.rehau.com/downloads/498640/raupexpipeandcrimpringfittingsinheatingsystems-tb208-rehau.pdf I find is strange, given they do allow them for their non oxygen barrier pipe...
  12. Weekend Handyman

Oxygen Barrier PE-RT

Has anyone used oxygen barrier PE-RT for baseboard hot water heaters? If so, what are your impressions? How do you think it stack up against Pex A and Pex B? , I am going to move a few baseboard heaters and have a crimper, so was going to give PE-RT a try. I have read it is more flexible...
  13. Weekend Handyman

Trap Seal

Hi: I have floor drain that dries up maybe once or twice a year. I am thinking of using an Oatey Trap Seal (https://www.homedepot.ca/product/oatey-3-inch-drain-seal/1001663894). Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with this product? I could install a trap primer, but this would be...
  14. Weekend Handyman

Canadian Plumbing Code Videos

I found this guy who call himself the "Mathematical Plumber" on youtube yesterday. He has some very detailed Canadian plumbing code videos. I am not a plumber, so I can not vouch for that fact that everything is 100% accurate, but they seem very helpful...
  15. Weekend Handyman

Toilet Paper Multiplier

This one is pretty funny too ... Patent Pending TP Multiplier Tool - YouTube
  16. Weekend Handyman

How to Wrap Christmas Presents for Men

DIY mens guide to wrapping gifts #shorts - YouTube
  17. Weekend Handyman

Compression Fixture Stops - Replacement Parts Universal

Hello: I just would like to validate something I believe to be true. Generally speaking, would I be correct to say that the replacement parts for for compression style fixture stops are universal. Specifically, I am referring to these parts...
  18. Weekend Handyman

What Causes PEX Leaks

I have done quite a few PEX projects in my house now and have never had a leak (knock on wood). I am just curious, when you get called out for PEX leak, what are the most common causes you see?
  19. Weekend Handyman

Plumbing Gone Wild

I have been noticing all kinds of wacky plumbing in my travels, so I thought I would start posting some of it. I came across this on a weekend road trip.
  20. Weekend Handyman

Bath Tub Question

Hello. I have my new tub installed. Every now and then I get a little noise when I step to the back wall and then step to the apron. Otherwise it is very quiet. I think one of the two rear legs is moving slightly slightly. I have decent access to the leg. I was thinking of putting some...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks